Brite Tone acetone [hammer hardener]

R E Barber bassooner42 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 22:03:50 MST 2006

You can buy acetone by the gallon at a hardware store in the wood
stains aisle, near the paint section.  Also makes a good engine flush
and octane booster.

I juiced a ecclesiastic Shafer n'sons this afternoon, using
acrylic-acetone (Brite Tone), just after reshaping.   I juiced all 88
shoulders top and bottom, twice- about 10 drops on each side.  Top 2
octaves got five drops at the strike point.   Applied with an art-store
syringe.   The result was noticeable in 5 minutes, beautiful tone
throughout with the  crisp high treble.