Thanks Rodger

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Thu May 4 19:45:30 MDT 2006

Hi Julia,
              Happy things worked out for you.
Re, lost motion.  Many consoles have front weighted keys.  If the
bridle tapes are too tight there may be not enough weight from the
wippen to seat the key back on the bolster cloth. ( Hence no lost
motion) Some of the lesser quality consoles seem to need the weight
of both the hammer butt assembly and wippen to get the key back to rest.
This problem will also effect key level and dip.
Adjusting lost motion can be classified as fudge 101.  Do what you
can to make the piano reasonably playable and move on.

Regards Roger.