Thanks Rodger

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sun May 7 12:15:05 MDT 2006

Julia,

My understanding is that the rest rail needs to sit squarely on all of its supports, so that it doesn't warp.  That's the reason that the una corda pedal in uprights needs a hair of lost motion, so that the rail isn't propped up only at one end.  Typically there are three or four felts that the rail sits on; I suggest adding spacers to each one.  Cardboard front punchings work well.

--Cy--
shusterpiano.com