Bird-Cages, (OVER-DAMPERS!!!), and other assorted dumbstuff<G>

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun May 14 16:06:14 MDT 2006

 I've been reading all of the really dumb ideas y'all have about Over-damper pianos. Sheesh! One person has it right.....Jurgen! The rest of you haven't got a clue! If a dealer is asked about a "bird-cage piano", I'd bet the farm that he'd know what you were talking about. If he didn't, he shouldn't be a dealer!
As for the Teflon thingee....GET REAL, (Especially Thumper), Unless you take a damned blow torch to the stuff, it is a benign substance! If you inhale LARGE quantities of the stuff, it may do you some harm, although I can't seem to find any documentation to that affect. When using it, (as in all powders), it is a darned good idea to were a mask.
As for the tips for #2, #1, 1/0 And OVAL tuning pins...There WERE tips made for such, unfortunately our "Beloved" Suppliers no longer carry them. I'd suggest some of the European supply houses for such. Either that, or do as I have done over the years,....buy up every OLDE tuning kit that you stumble across. (The fact is, that, one that was stolen from me, has all of that stuff in it!)
To sum it all up: this last week's postings have really Sucked! (with the exception of Ron N's inquiry. Sure would like to know what kind of mischief he's up too.<G>)
To all of you Muthahs...Happy Muddas Day!<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I