Glasses

Gordon Wilson gordy.wilson at insightbb.com
Mon May 22 18:35:49 MDT 2006

I am on my fourth pair of blended bifocals. I do it all: piano, organ with a
high music rack, computer, and keyboards.

I used to keep a separate pair of 4 diopter "drug store glasses" for all my
close work to avoid all the bobbing, nodding and neck craning.  Peripheral
vision is important to me for orienting me to the keyboard. When forced to
tilt my head back for close work I lost that and it drove me crazy. (I know!
It's a short drive!)

The last time I went to the optometrist for bifocals, I had the sudden
inspiration to have them place the close work "sweet spot" a little higher
in the lenses. It works like a charm and now I am back to using only one
pair for everything. At nearly 67 it's truly affirming. I don't know if it
would work for others, but I chanced it since LensCrafters will regrind your
lenses if you don't like them.

Hoping this might help someone,

Gordy Wilson's Music Studio

To be where I am needed.

Gordy Wilson
Director of Music and Communication

Grace United Methodist Church

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2004+S.+Philo+Road&csz=Urban
a%2C+IL+61802&country=us> 2004 S. Philo Road
Urbana, IL 61802

 <mailto:gwilson at keyboardstudio.com> gwilson at keyboardstudio.com
 <mailto:gordy.wilson at insightbb.com> gordy.wilson at insightbb.com
AIM: akeyolgordy1

<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=38655155356&v0=899453&k0=1404767876&v1=89945
4&k1=1909903310> Add me to your address book...

 <http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Want a signature like this?

  _____