Clicking drop screws on a new Steinway

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu May 25 21:55:04 MDT 2006

HI  David
  In the spirit of Jon Pages post.  Our new word for today is
W-A-R-R-A-N-T-Y.
Repeat after me boys & girls...... warranty.  A 70 k piano  has
Warr....an....ty.
  Pinning the shanks!! Clicking drop screws.  I suggest a phone  call to the
factory yes ir ee.
  Perhaps the remedy is to buy German.  They seem to have gotten  it right
   Dale

Re  your other message, it is disturbing (actually the piano costs  $70,000).
The shanks require repining (all of them were way too loose), and  many jacks
required easing as they were too tight.  It's why I've  given up on their
parts.

David  Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  Rd.
Modesto, Calif. 95357
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Specializing in the Restoration, Service & Sales  of
Steinway & Sons, Mason & Hamlin, & other fine  pianos