Curses! Coiled again!

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 27 03:40:41 MDT 2006

It would appear that this is the first time you have run across a "Grand
Piano". It makes a difference. I agree with the couple recommendations to
talk serious with the owners about disposing of the piano in the nearest
landfill. When I see one of these misfits lurking in the living room of a
new client, the first thoughts that occur to me go something like this -
Hmmm, might be a short appointment. - Is there any reason to even try tuning
this thing?

I have tuned them, but only if they are remarkably in one piece. Once there
is a few problems like you describe, the piano is toast. The bottom line is
that there are just too many good quality, good condition little consoles
available for less than what would cost them to make their "Grand Piano"
into a piano that functions, but plays poorly.

These things rank well below any Winter and Aeolian spinet ever made. Sad
but true.

If they just won't junk it, then read Ron Nossaman's reply several times
very carefully.

Good luck. Please let us know what happens.

Terry Farrell