Curses! Coiled again!

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat May 27 05:04:49 MDT 2006

At 04:40 5/27/2006, you wrote:
>It would appear that this is the first time you have run across a
>"Grand Piano". It makes a difference.

>These things rank well below any Winter and Aeolian spinet ever
>made. Sad but true.
>Terry Farrell

These pianos firmly anchor the bell curve of piano quality being
made, as they were, by folks who would make Jeff Foxworthy's examples
of Rednecks look like Rhodes scholars. (and I'm not referring to the
Fender folks)  Your quality tooner may have been in the factory.

My first exposure to these beasties was at a "Truckload Sale" held in
a motel lobby. (one small step up from a tailgate sale)   I remember
that the price was, you guessed it...  $1000.

That, my friends, is their only claim to the name "Grand".

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.