007 tuning

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed May 31 13:43:33 MDT 2006

Hi folks

Well the other day something happened that I would have never really
thought would.  As part of this years Festspillene i Bergen
<http://www.fib.no/> which I have responsibilites for I ended up
spending an entire afternoon session watching Julian Rachlin and friends
including one Sir Roger Moore put together for a concert performance the
Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns.  007 did the narative
and is a big fan of chamber classics.  All in all it was a fantastic
experience.  Several of the players had just flown into town the day
before and this session was their primary rehearsal for getting the
peice together.  I have seen jazz players do this kind of thing many a
time, but this was my first time watching world class classical
musicians do their carpentry on a music peice.  I dont think I've ever
enjoyed a concert as much as I did this rehearsal.  Fantastic is all I
have to say.  Itamar Golan and Richard Hyung-ki Joo were the pianists
and the concert featured two Steinway D's  and a chamber group of 8
along with them players... and of course Sir Roger.

When you are a pianotuner... you just never know who you are going to
end up eating brunch with do ya ??

Cheers
RicB