Warranty Work Question

J W Stein musicnow at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 2 14:55:08 MST 2006

Mark,

I noticed your post.  It's a dilemma you're in...but I have been in similar
situations.   I would explain the situation to the customer.....maybe even
suggest that they contact the company since  the piano is under warranty. By
all rights, they shouldn't have to pay for warranty work.  If they insist on
you  doing it, then perhaps it would be best to suggest they contact the
company and get ok for their tech (You) to do it.  Then they should get an
ok from company to send your bill to company for reimbursement.   Thus, they
pay you, and company pays them. Make sure everything is satisfactorily
agreed to with all parties in advance.

If you are honest with them, then they should respect that.   In fact, most
important is honesty.

Good luck and best.

Jon