Removing Sticking Damper Underlevers on Asian Grands

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Nov 10 07:11:37 MST 2006

Hi Rick

If you hold your tongue just right you should be able to unscrew the flange
and pull the underlever out to properly repin it. I would suggest rolling
the dice first. If it turns up 7 your luck is running high and you shouldn't
have any problems. Seriously, it can be done, it is just rather tedious.

But perhaps the problem is not the center pin. I've noticed on many Korean
pianos that the problem is not enough offset in the lift wire. Use your wire
bending pliers and put a little more kink in both bends, see what happens.

Blessings,

Dean

  _____