Rebuilt Action Touch is too light

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Nov 12 06:35:06 MST 2006

Hi Brett

Basically... if you dont know the answer to this question already, then
perhaps you would to best to hire in a tech that knows how to do this
kind of thing.  That said, reading a bit of Stanwood touchweight
methodology is the way to go IMB.

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/articles.htm
http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/

Touchweight problems on rebuilt actions is probably one of the most
common things I run into.  Even today way too many.. if not most techs
don't seem to understand that when you change action parts... especially
hammers... this necessitates a new  weigh-off of the action... let alone
knowing the basics of how to even do this.

You definitely  don't want to start shooting in the dark here... or you
will end up in all kinds of interesting waters with your teachers.

Cheers
RicB

    Aloha , My local Piano teacher has another C-7 this one is older about
    1967 that I replaced all the whippen assembly's(from Yamaha) , installed
    new key bushings, and new hammers prehung by Renner . She likes the
    action fast & light . One of the other teachers that works there
    hates it
    , and says a few of her students have a hard time playing it . What
    could
    I do to change the touch .

    Thanks , Brett