Rebuilt Action Touch is too light

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 06:41:43 MST 2006

"What could I do to change the touch ."

Let me count the ways........ knuckle size, knuckle placement, flange friction, strike weight, whippen heel height, capstan placement, key ratio, key leading, etc., etc.

First thing to do is to characterize what you have. IMHO, the best way to start is to do a standard touchweight metrology evaluation - determine existing front weights, balance weights, friction, key ratio, action ratio, strike weight curve, etc. of sample notes. If you share that information with us you will get a lot of very good recommendations.

Without that info one will be shooting in the dark, IMHO.

Are you familiar with touchweight metrology publications by David Stanwood?

Terry Farrell