Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Sun Nov 26 15:14:41 MST 2006

Del, and All

   I will have pictures soon of the Shumann bridge
agraffes.   On or about or  somewhere  around
thirty years ago I rebuilt a Shumann grand with
bridge agraffes.  They looked more like  "clips".

   They were stamped from thin steal flat in the  middle
turned up on the sides also turned up  front and  back..

   In the flat area a screw held them to the bridge.
The middle string of a tri-cord went through a hole
while the side strings " hooked".

   They really worked well and offered no problems.
The cost of these had to be far less than Pins or
the machined  Brass screw type  agraffes.

   This all is to the best of my memory,  such as it  is.

Regards to all,
Jack Wyatt