Business: getting and keeping customers

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Sat Oct 7 07:53:57 MDT 2006

Hi,
I call ALL my past clients after about 8 months as a reminder.  If I leave a
message on their machine I make a note of the date on my files.  I go
through my files alphabetically so the next time I come to them I call again
and leave a message.  I keep calling until I get them live.  If they say no,
they are not ready, I ask them if they would like me to call back and when.
I make a note of that.  If they say no, I make a note to WCM and the date.
If they have not called me after a year from that date I call one more time
and talk to them live before I delete them.  Sometimes it is years before I
tune for them again and sometimes they have found another tuner.  I find it
helpful NOT to ask why they did not use me instead of someone else, as it
only makes me feel bad.  You can't win them all.
James
James Grebe   Piano Tuning & Repair   Member of M.P.T.
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. for over 30 years.   "Member of the Year" in 1989
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, Piano Benches, Writing
Instruments,Table Timepieces
 (314) 845-8282   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman at accessus.net