S&S D with high strings/low action stack

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Oct 9 16:14:39 MDT 2006

Hello John.

When boring hammers, should we favor strictly the string heigth minus shank
center heigth at the cost of no straight hammer heigth at rest (reflecting
the not straight strike line heigth at strings) ?
Also, when gluing hammers on shanks, should we favor the hammer crowns
straight line at rest, at the cost of aural best position ?
In other words, how much should we care about aesthetics when doing hammer
work ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.