Dampp-Chaser wattage needed

BRETT GLASS bgpianoman at email.com
Mon Oct 9 23:02:09 MDT 2006

Hi Leslie , Yes better to have more watts with the stat to make sure you
get the job done .  Without  a stat IMO you would have to throw out the
word control from your sales pitch to your customer . That's what I don't
understand . Why you would want to sell your customer less than the best
available system to protect their piano . Some one said that this policy
was left in place or put in place for dealers & possibly some techs in
the South & areas in Florida .  Those are the folks I'd like to hear from
. If they can explain why other than it's less expensive and allows them
to sell more heater rods then I'm willing to listen . I would think that
more techs out there in the South & Florida/Hawaii would have run into
this problem with new pianos being delivered from the dealers with a
heater rod only .  Or a new customer with a used piano with low wattage
rod only that had not been protected from high RH and swings in RH
causing damage cracks,  rusted strings etc . I'd like to hear how you got
out of the middle and keep a good working relationship with the dealer .
I told this dealer that I would love to have his business but not at the
risk of the relationship and liability to and for my new customers . It's
to bad because this was one of the better pianos brands we have to
service . This was not the first attempt to solve this with several
dealers out here . I guess I just got lucky with other customers . I'm
usually pretty good at diplomacy . But this customer was to smart. There
was no way I could protect the dealer and the piano too . I'm going to
put up a web site for my customers to visit and learn about the care of
their piano. So I'd like have any input good bad happy or sad you can
offer .

Thanks, Brett