Collard & Collard Patent Repeater Action, London

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 10 11:10:27 MDT 2006

Had an interesting call this morning.  A lady bought a beautiful
antique that she wants to be able to play.  It is a 1851 Collard &
Collard ~238cm grand in pearwood veneer with fancy carvings.  Ivory
keys in fine and yellowed condition.  Case needs work, lid is loose,
hinged keyslip doesn't fit right... ...

All keys were playing when she got it, some aren't now.

She wants options.  I don't do pianoforte so we are looking for
someone who does.  Possible flight and accommodations paid for expert
in this piano make to come regulate and tune, repair worst of hinge
problems, discuss options and give a relevant bid.  This is in Laredo
Texas.  The piano itself was imported from Mexico and is apparently a
duplicate of one give to Emperor Maximillian of Mexico.

Please reply to andrew at andersonmusic.com

Sincerely,
Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano