Collard & Collard Patent Repeater Action, London

a.acker at comcast.net a.acker at comcast.net
Tue Oct 10 13:35:51 MDT 2006

Hello, hello, I'm here, though I'm supposed to be in the workshop repairing a pedal harpsichord soundboard and prepping it for painting.

I would say she wouldn't want to do a "full remanufacture", because then you'd have one of those odd hybrids which are neither fish nor fowl.

Collard & Collards are superb pianos.  She has chosen very well.    I have another in my waiting list rather like this one.   That said, yes, yes, it's unlikely that a bit of regulation and tuning and a hinge fix is all it needs.

I have to fly out to Arizona on a job soon, and wouldn't mind a stop in Laredo as long as I'm dealing with the hassles of travel!   I get really nervous checking my tools.   I lived in Miami too long where you just don't check even your good underwear or it will be missing when you pick up your bag.

Anne