Laser Level for Bench Regulation

Lhadeh at wmconnect.com Lhadeh at wmconnect.com
Mon Oct 16 20:20:54 MDT 2006

I believe you can project a curve with a laser level, as long as it's one of
the rotating types.  To project a curve with the center higher than the ends,
position the laser below the level of the projected line.  The projected line
will then be a parabola.  The more the difference in height, the sharper the
curve of the parabola.

Whether that might be close enough for government work on a garden variety
Steinway, I would think so, but others may disagree.

Loren Hedahl