S&S D with high strings/low action stack

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 22:07:35 MDT 2006

David
   I agree. Stop dancing with the factory tech  & go higher up. The real
question is....Is there a warranty or isn't  there? Does it take lawyers
involvment to get warranty satisfaction.  I  should hope not, but I know it's come to
that before.
  I wonder if I put out a rebuild like that if the  technical community would
be so polite to me.
  I believe in asking the questions directly &  dispassionately.  Also asking
the right people those questions is the  correct protocol. Finding out who
they are isn't that much of a  mystery?
    I have a warranty issue with an L &  My friend Eric Schandall  said Bill
Huse is the guy to talk to.  However  I placed a call to Bill Huse three
weeks or more ago & still  no return call.  Try try again.  Tomorrow.
  Dale Erwin

Before  you make Steinway's problem your problem, take it to a higher level.
A  service department tech is not necessarily in the position to give you  the
final yes or no on what they should be willing to do on warranty.   All
"fixes" at this point are compromises.  You shouldn't have to do  that on a
new D, in my opinion.  I don't recall exactly but doesn't  this piano belong
to an institution?  Which dealer did they buy it  from?  The institutional
department head involved in the purchase as  well as the dealer should also
be in the loop.  You shouldn't allow  yourself to be bullied into accepting
anything less than a proper fix or  replacement and the burden should not
rest entirely on your  shoulders.  BTW, keep a record of all correspondence.

David  Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com