Plastic keytop repair

rjwag at pacifier.com rjwag at pacifier.com
Thu Oct 19 19:53:32 MDT 2006

Indeed!  -- from Mike Wagner @ Wagner Technical LLC.

Acrylikey II is not designed for plastic key top repairs, but works
extremely well on natural ivory.

As noted--and because different piano manufactures use slightly different
plastic foundations--it is difficult to get a clean, color-matched join
'twixt dissimilar materials.

Pianotek Supply Co has has asked that we investigate alternatives for
plastic keytops, and plan to send a sampling that we might find a
companion for our Acrylikey II product.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Thanks,
Mike--in honor of my wonderful brother Richard who created Acrylikey.