a puzzler....at least for me; the answer

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 22 10:33:28 MDT 2006

HI, Dave:
    Be careful not to move that rail too far back.  You may find that the jacks will wedge themselves between the hammer butt and the rail, and cause them to stick.  I often find this to be the case, and have to move the rail slightly away from the butts to correct the problem.  You may not notice this happening at first, but on a series of quick blows, the jack slips out and won't go back under the butt, while the hammer is close to the rest rail.  If you find some sticking keys that just don't seem to respond to the the usual fixes, check to see if that rail is too far in.  It only takes a few mm's of movement to correct the problem.  Am I making sense?  Hope so.  Good luck.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego