Attitude

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Oct 30 21:38:28 MST 2006

The last of five, a 1-1.5 semitone pitch raise, following
another less extreme pitch raise, Methodist church mouse
vacuum, Gulbransen spinet action lube (pulling keys to make
room to get the action out), and the usual assorted service
shtick routines. It was tuned before delivery about nine years
ago, which was obviously why it was so far off now, right?
Moving them throws them out of tune, right? So if it had been
tuned after delivery, it wouldn't be this bad now, right?
Right?...

Presenting the invoice, I pointed out that if she intended to
sing to it, she would need to spend more time warming up now
so she wouldn't hurt herself. Getting a laugh (buffer), I then
outlined a realistic tuning schedule that should have been
followed, and the reasoning behind it. Another exercise in
"shouldadone", to no obvious effect - but you never really know.

Somewhere during the PR and tuning, I noticed the serial
number, which sort of put the whole thing into perspective,
attitudinally speaking. Entertainment, like gold and herpes,
is...

Distancing -

Ron N