RTC VS TUNE LAB

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat Dec 1 12:45:24 MST 2007

>From the RCT download page:

Downloading the latest Pocket RCT update.

Latest reference version: 4.0.0f1

Pocket RCT updates are free for download to all registered Pocket RCT users.

Free update to Pocket RCT 3.x adds PTG Tuning Exam scoring, "Smart
Partials", Pocket PC phone capability and much more. Versions earlier than
Pocket RCT 3.0.0f1 are not supported since the updates are free and highly
recommended.
Have you downloaded Pocket RCT previously? If so there is no need to apply
for instructions, they are the same as last time.
To received download instructions via email please submit this web form: RCT
Web update form  <http://www.reyburn.com/update.html>
For current users updating to Windows Mobile 5.0 see RCT upgrade page.
<http://www.reyburn.com/rctupgrade.html>

It starts out saying ALL updates are free. But if you follow the link to RCT
upgrade page (http://www.reyburn.com/rctupgrade.html) you'll find that
upgrading to Windows Mobile 5.0 will cost you $229 to $299.

I like Dean Reyburn as well (he has a great name) and have talked
extensively with him and his wife. Very personable people. I did not want to
any way disparage him personally. My apologies if that came across. I am,
however, very frustrated with his product for reasons that I enumerated.
Other than those I really did like RCT, I'm pretty sure I said that. I
personally try to live by the Eighth Commandment and if I purchase a piece
of software (a very expensive piece of software, even) I believe I should be
able to freely use it on whatever machine I own. Otherwise let's drop the
pretense that I'm purchasing it. I'm only renting it and I have to ask
permission and jump through hoops to port it from one machine to another.

As Alan has stated, I found a great product that works as well or better for
much less money and it apparently doesn't have the things that RCT has that
frustrate me.

I used the split scale feature of Tune Lab today on a Kimball spinet. It
still didn't have any sustain but other than that it really sounded great
(using Coleman 11).

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272