Improving the center foot on the Schaff downbearing dial indicator....

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 16:59:47 MST 2007

ASAP. But imagine a half-round going sideways across
the top of the string, at 90 degrees to the string's
length. That, I believe, should be the contact point
for the string whose bearing is being measured, and
would make it far, far easier to align the stationary
feet on the speaking and waste ends of the string,
without the measuring contact slipping off the side of
the string ( as it does very readily with the ball
bearing tip ). I don't know if a tip like that is in
the 22 pice set I ordered, but for $12.00 ( including
shipping ) I figured it was worth a look-see.
( Or there might be one I could modify. )
     Thump