New Book - was RCT vs....

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Dec 3 10:22:28 MST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Ron Koval wrote:
> Even though the bulk of many of our days may be filled with "grunt
> tunings" it is always
> a good thing (if only for ourselves!) to strive for the best, be it
> machine, ears, or technique.
A good and crucial thing, ESPECIALLY for ourselves; and the hard,
inescapable reality definitely exists:
if you can tune a piano better---way better---than the other guys,
you win, both externally (more money, more work, more respect,  MUCH
better pianos) and internally (you constantly see and perceive
yourself as a pure professional, an artisan)

> Not suggesting that you give away time for free, just wondering if
> it is possible to get better
> results in the same amount of time?

You can. I can tune a big piano for a concert in 1.5 hours. It's
musical, soaring, and stable. The artist wins, the venue wins, and I
win. Big. Here's the best part----SO CAN YOU.

Read my article in the December Journal, and then come to my tuning
class in Anaheim. If you've tuned 5000 or so pianos, you have
absolutely everything you need to be a world-class tuner. It's all
stored in your body.

Best,
David Andersen