shellac on fallboard rub decal

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Dec 3 11:40:57 MST 2007

Hi all.

I bought a nice fallboard decal from ks piano (very good stuff).  It is a
rub on decal, not a varnish transfer.

They recommend to spray or brush a light coat of varnish or laquer on it, to
protect it.

My project is French polished, and I wondered if I could safely put a layer
of shellac on the decal.

Will it stand the alcohol and the slight rubbing ?

I would prefer not to ruin this expensive decal (the shipping costs to
Belgium were double the cost of the decal).

Anyone tried this with luck ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.