stumped

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:57:00 MST 2007

My modus operandi in these situations (where replacement is not an option) is to point out that (a) it can't be made much better than just playable without far exceeding the piano's value even after the work, and (c), if you want, I can do what I can. In this case, a couple of HEAVY applications of CA (with a couple days between drenchings plus whatever patch, patch, patch the action will need.

Since most of the nightmare you describe (beyond the cheapo brand -- made by Baldwin, yes? While they were drunk .... anyway, I digress) relates to the block, CA MIGHT work. Give no guarantee.
You didn't talk about the bridges and ribs?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO