Mason & Hamlin damper lift

Beverly Ohm beverlyo at fmtcs.com
Thu Dec 13 06:38:05 MST 2007

Need help with a Mason & Hamlin (1920s or 1930 model, 5'2")  damper lift problem.   The sustain suddenly stopped working.  Pedal and damper lift lever are all OK.   The problem seems to be with the damper lift rod pin that goes up through the keybed.  I took a quick look at it last night and am going to work on it on Friday, tomorrow.   Anyone have experience with this and what I can expect to find and how to fix.

Beverly Ohm, RPT
Palo, IA