Decal adhesive/Music rack needed

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Dec 14 11:42:52 MST 2007

Annie,

I've had a Guild guitar since 1971 and it's never had a warping pickguard.
 Were these made more recently?

Paul

"Annie Grieshop" <annie at allthingspiano.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
12/14/2007 12:36 PM
Please respond to
annie at allthingspiano.com; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Decal adhesive/Music rack needed

Thanks so much for the photo essay, Terry (and thanks to Dave for the
links to Del's articles in past Journals!) -- exactly what I was looking
for!

Legend has it that some plastic pickguards that both Martin and Guild used
on acoustic guitars had problems with warping.  On Guilds, the pickguard
just let loose, but Martin tops tended to split because the glue joint
didn't separate.  And that's what I was thinking about when I started
asking about that lifted decal........  (What I do know is that my Guild
has one of the funkiest, warpiest pickguards I ever seen. <g>)

I knew that the boards were glued together, but not what the process or
glue is.  Thanks!

Annie