E-mailing reminders

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 10:34:46 MST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 7:38 PM, Willem Blees <wimblees at aol.com> wrote:

> Does anyone e-mail tuning reminder notices to customers? What kind of
> results do you get? How do you set up your "system"?
>
> Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
> Piano Tuner/Technician
> Honolulu, HI
> Author of
> The Business of Piano Tuning
> available from Potter Press
> www.pianotuning.com
>  ------------------------------
> More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail<http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003>
> !

I have a customer management system based in Accel coming soon and will be
using postcard reminders.
I have tried the e-mail reminders with customers but found my notice was
lost in their spam filter most often.
So unless they initiated contact with me via e-mail I usually call or send a
postcard. The exception is schools of course in which e-mail works better
due to schedule conflicts on both ends. This also applies to some churches.
I also have some special needs customers who prefer e-mail, one has had her
voice box replaced and talking is difficult especially on the phone, so
e-mail is easier for her.

Mike
--
People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those of us who are
doing it.
email mike at ifixpianos.com