E-mailing reminders

Richard Gullion pianoguy52 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:24:13 MST 2007

What type of success rate do you have booking the next tuning before leaving clients home. What kind of reminders about the appointment do you use. Do you have many that forget. Thanks.> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:11:29 -0600> Subject: Re: E-mailing reminders> From: mbjwisenbaker at juno.com> > Wm:> > Beva Jean used to do that for me. But since she died I make my next> appointment with my customers as soon as I finish each tuning. By the> time each day rolls around usually all the slots all filled. I learned> this system from LaRoy Edwards many years ago. I don't have time to> address envelops, stamp them, stuff them and take them to the Post> Office. It does take time to do all this. I used to observe Beva Jean> doing it on my way in and out. If Jan or a hired helper can do it for you> it does work fairly well. As to how to set it up depends on how your> bookkeeping system is set up, 3 x 5 cards or on computer. You and the> customer decide whether to tune again in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or in> some cases, once a month. Indicate that on your invoice so that your> office help will know when to send the notices. PTG has quite a variety> of pamphlets available for this. In fact I have a ton of them I will> never use. If you want, I could box them up and send them to you for a> nominal fee. > > Regards,> Martin Wisenbaker,> Houston, Texas