more questions about pianotech threads

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Wed Dec 19 07:48:21 MST 2007

Marshall,

You're getting all that color/font/etc stuff because some people are posting
to the list in "html" rather than "plain" format.  Plain format looks like
plain old typing -- no fancy stuff, no colors.  And that shows up on your
screen (or in your speaker) exactly as it was typed in.

When people use html formatting, they are usually adding colors or fancy
line formatting (none of which adds to the content of the message but can
look nice).  And that means that the message also contains the information
that tells the screen (or your speaker) how to display that information.
That's the stuff with all the equal signs.

I'm sure Hotmail will display html format, but you might need to update your
reader, if you're using one, so it will ignore those formatting commands.

Annie Grieshop