explanation(s), please

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Fri Dec 21 09:38:34 MST 2007

I didn't, Mike, but I certainly can.  With less than a decade of experience,
I'm still learning which things to look for -- which is why I look to y'all
for advice... because you do such a good job of giving it!

What I could see of the pinblock was no worse than other old tired grands
I've tuned successfully.  Going on the appearance of the block/pins/strings,
I wouldn't have any qualms about treating it with CA and tuning it up.

But those monster BANGS really scared me.  And I don't like working on
pianos that I'm scared of.  Makes me nervous.

Annie Grieshop

  Hi Annie,
  I'll assume you looked very carefully for gremlins? <g> Were the plate
perimeter screws all down tight?
  How about the pinblock screws? Speaking of which could you get a look at
it? How did it look?
  It IS a Brambach so having it hauled could be viewed as a mercy judgement
call! <grin>
  Mike

  --
  People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those of us who are
doing it.
  email mike at ifixpianos.com