Oscar Peterson

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Dec 26 08:34:41 MST 2007

At 05:26 -0600 26/12/07, Kent Swafford wrote:

>Oscar Peterson was the greatest. My favorite record of his was a
>solo piano album from the 70's called "Tracks". If you happen to
>have iTunes, you can listen to the excerpt from "A Little Jazz
>Exercise", which still blows me away after 30 years.

...and here's a particularly great clip with the great Niels Pedersen
on bass, whom we also sadly lost in 2005.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpWx62Mkl24&feature=related>

My daughter has just suffered an instant conversion to jazz piano
after hearing me play Oscar Peterson (whom she'd never heard of!!!)
Fats Waller and Art Tatum.

JD