stuck bolts

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Dec 30 10:09:35 MST 2007

Heat, after penitrating oil.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: tom
  To: 'Pianotech List'
  Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 9:44 AM
  Subject: RE: stuck bolts

  Had the same problem recently.

              A few suggestions,

              1 – Make a dimple with a center punch  and make a pilot hole with a small drill bit down the center of the screw then drill off the head with a drill bit the same diameter as the threaded part of the screw.

              2--  Use a small cold chisel and a big hammer and break off the bolt head

              3--- Call Phil Bondi---he knows everything about rusted and stuck <G>

  Tom Driscoll