Setting Dip on the Bench

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 05:17:02 MDT 2007

<< Does anyone have a reliable method of setting key dip (grand) on the bench
so that it remains accurate when the action is moved back to the piano?  I'd
sure love to retire from sitting down at eye level to the key bed.  >>

Greetings,
     I use the aftertouch priority method, and if I set the end keys of each
section in the piano, then I can get very close by shimming on the bench to
re-establish that dimension and fill in the middle of the section.  HOwever, for
top end work, I don't think there is a substitute for doing it in the piano.
Especially when you are dealing with +/- .002" over the compression variable
of the punching.   I do find that the crescendo punchings are favored by my
customers.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>