Finding the strike line another method

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jul 27 20:12:28 MDT 2007

> David:
>
> Might it also be a different partial set energy carrying into the
> counterbearing segment (front duplex)? I've found that changing the
> strike point to achieve the sweet spot also reduces the counterbearing
> "noise". Or they become one and the same--a sweet spot includes that
> reduction.
>
> Paul

This could very well be the case. I've noticed that the treble
strike point target seems to get wider with a more efficient
soundboard design, and elimination of a tuned front duplex in
favor of a quieter shortened one. I'm not yet sure which of
these changes accounts for the difference, but the difference
is real.

Ron N