Spinet Evaluation

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri Aug 1 17:12:24 MDT 2008

Thanks!

  And with the elbows, based on everyone's experience, what would be the best (wooden, plastic, or vagias snap-on)?

  Matthew

Mike Spalding <mike.spalding1 at verizon.net> wrote:
  Matthew,

It wouldn't be unusual for the drop wires to be bent and/or binding
where they hook on the keys, acting like a spring preventing the return
of the key. Try disconnecting one from its key, and see if the
wippen-butt-hammer assembly returns freely without the constraint of the
key-dropwire joint.

Mike