Spinet Evaluation

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Aug 1 19:32:29 MDT 2008

What Mike said. Pay special attention if the adjusting nuts on top of the
drop wire are of the wooden dowel type that are wrapped in green felt. The
felt will swell causing binding where they fit down into the wells on the
backs of the keys. Whenever I do an elbow job with that style of dowel I
always take the stickers into my shop and sand the green felt mostly off on
the disc sander. Install your new elbows on the stickers while in the shop.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802