Decapping bridges with a router

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Aug 3 14:13:47 MDT 2008

David,

Contact Roger Gable in Everett, Washington at rgable2 at verizon. net.  He
and I did this on an old Steinway K about 5 years ago, but don't remember
how the jig was set up.

Paul

"David Love" <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
08/01/2008 10:03 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"'Pianotech List'" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Decapping bridges with a router

A couple of years ago I saw (or dreamt) a router adaptation to take the
bridge cap off.  It consisted of a couple of elevated skids attached to
the
router base that straddled the bridge so that you could basically run a
router down the length of the bridge and take the bridge top down--very
fast, very smooth.  Does anyone use that system and can send me a picture
of
the skids and how they attached them?  I have some ideas myself but
shortcuts are always welcome.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com