Doweled and Fully Fit Pinblocks

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 3 22:29:22 MDT 2008

> Can we back up a step?  How are y'all removing your original blocks?
> I've seen 3 styles of Stnwy stretchers. On the ones with an angle on the
> outer face and perpendicular on the inner face, we had an angled piece
> of spruce we would we would tape to the front of the stretcher in to run
> the router along (with the Bolduc cutter). This results in a
> perpendicular cut at the block joint.
> /                Michael Spreeman

Why would you care what the original joint angle might have
been from the front of the stretcher? You're hoggin' the
sucker out to a new system reset that lets you do it your way
whatever was originally there, I'd hope. Isn't the point to
establish  a baseline standard that wasn't necessarily
(mysteriously and apparently arbitrarily) originally there,
the better to establish a defined and quasi rational starting
point? And if not, why not?
Ron N