modify legs for new casters

Mark McQuade mmcquade at usfamily.net
Fri Aug 15 11:23:14 MDT 2008

I like Jim's plugging method.  Or you could cut a 2 1/4" hole in a piece of plywood as a template and then use a 5/8" guide bushing in your router with a 1/2" dado bit which should leave to a nice neat uniformly deep 2 1/8" hole to mount the caster.  The guide bushing I have protrudes a little more than a half inch below the router base so it would have to be at least a 5/8" piece of plywood for the template.

Or maybe you could just use a thicker piece of plywood than the 1/8" you tried to locate the center and it might not split then.

Mark Mc
MN