Tuning Lever Design

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:02:04 MDT 2008

Dan Levitan gave a technical presentation for the Boston Chapter during a
meeting at NBSS last spring. While playing around with these notions he came
up with a U-shaped lever! More specifically an upside down U, with right
angles (so more like |_____|, only upside down). So as long as one doesn't
introduce a twist one can tune very smoothly with the handle in front of the
stretcher.I didn't try it out, but it was interesting.
Patrick Draine