help a beginner measure mc in wood with confidence

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 12:30:45 MDT 2008

A concern I would have with that type of meter is calibration accuracy and
calibration longevity. IMHO, if I were to use such a meter, I would not use
the absolute dial readout for anything definitive, but rather when the board
has equilibrated with the hot box environment. I wonder if the short board
length of the panel in the meter might make for a faster equilibration than
a regular soundboard panel.

But I do see the utility of such a meter if only the end of your hot box
opens.

Terry Farrell