stiffest tuning hammer

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sat Aug 23 20:19:37 MDT 2008

Hi Kent,
On target words.
I myself preffer a heavier hammer. I feel like it does more of the close
work easier.
Sometimes moving the pin ever so slightly to true up a string ( or down
<G> )
just by shaking the hammer on the pin.
For me it is the difference like shooting basketballs with a basket ball or
doing that with a pingpong ball.
Light is not always best. One always needs to be aware of the flex being
applied to the tuning pin and compensate for it.

The hammers that I am aware of that have the least flex at the head/shaft
Not listed in any order
The old Hale ball and socket hammer
The Jahn
The Fujan
I do not know what connection Charley uses. Have not seen that one.
And Mother Goose

My hammer was inspired by studing the Jahn and Old Hale hammers/

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com