Sizing centers with alcohol & water

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:42:27 MDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far.
Good suggestions, Patrick.  The repair estimate includes complete action
disassembly, checking friction, any necessary repinning, and regulation.
 This has been a nagging problem, and I'm glad they are willing to pay me to
dig deeper into the actual cause.  It has been something that appears to go
away with vacuuming mouse droppings, polishing capstans, etc. After that has
been done, I've not been able to duplicate while at the piano.

Will definitely check the key bushings.

And I might give the Vodka a try tomorrow, Tom.  Hic.  And, Terry, I have
mixed my elixir rather unscientifically as well, but just didn't want to
admit it in public. <G>

--
JF