String breaker Too

PJR pryan2 at the-beach.net
Wed Aug 27 14:52:16 MDT 2008

Reading Wim's solution brought to mind a similar problem: I service a
small(4'11") Weber(Korean) grand in a piano bar.  It is only three years
old.  They have about five piano players that take turns beating the tar
out of that piano every night.  I tune it every two weeks and it is
horrendously out of tune with at least two broken treble strings each
time.  The tuning pins seem normally tight ( I don't have a torque
wrench) and I pound the tuning in good, but it is noticeably out of tune
in a matter of days.  I know that this is not the quality of piano for
this venue, but my question is,  would CA gluing the pins be a solution
to keep this piano in tune, being only three years old?  I've never
doped a piano this young. Is there any other solution that might stop
this slippage?  Would  Wim's (et al.) solution of a monitor speaker be a
viable solution?
 Phil Ryan
Miami Beach