"Reeming tuning pin holes

cclpianos at aol.com cclpianos at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 07:50:04 MDT 2008

I am a PTG tech for over 25 years. I have rebuilt and restored several hundred fine quality pianos.

Question for those who have similar experience. I have a 15 year old Yamaha C3 needing a full restringing. Currently the pin sizes are 2/0 in the bass and the original 0/0 in the tenor and treble. (It's a piano bar) I would like to know if any of you have ever reamed the PB with a letter "I" drill bit. I am not a fan of the "reamers" sold by the supply houses as they perform poorly on "green" PB's. Your experiences please, not conjecture.

Thanks,

Patrick